We’ve learned a lot from working on this show. Here are a few tidbits that we thought were cool. Some of them even informed the show!
- Born: March 17, 1962 (Karnal, India)
- Died: February 1, 2003 (airspace over Texas)
- 1982: Moved to the U.S.
- 1988: Hired by NASA
- Space missions: STS-87 (1997), STS-107 (2003)
- Spouse: Jean-Pierre Harrison
- Population: 1.3 billion
- Languages: 17 major spoken & 844 dialects
- National animal: the endangered Bengal Tiger
- Gained its independence from the British in 1947
- Consumes the most whiskey of any country; a whopping 50% of the world’s supply
- A meteorite struck and killed a bus driver in 2016 (at least 1 or 2 meteorites fall every year in India)
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE VOYAGER 1 & 2!
- NASA launched the twin probes in 1977 to study Jupiter and Saturn (and maybe alien forms)
- Both probes carry greetings and music to other life forms in a golden record
- The cover of the golden records have pictograph instructions to help other life forms play them
- Voyager 1 crossed interstellar space in 2012
- Both probes are now believed to be escaping the solar system